"I liked learning about different types of businesses and the kinds of jobs you can get" - Our Business World Grade 6 Student
Students are often taught success means "getting a good job" after graduation. Many are not aware that launching a business is a viable career option and can bring them amazing opportunities.
Through JA's newly updated Our Business World program, students in grades 5-6 learn about the opportunities and challenges of entrepreneurship in Canada. This inspires students to consider careers as business owners, as well as nurturing those who already have entrepreneurial spirits.
Our Business World leaders make learning fun by using games and multimedia to boost students' self-confidence and help them retain the lessons.
By the end of this program, students understand how a business operates and creates profit. This will inspire them to ask, "Do I have what it takes to become an entrepreneur?"
- Learn why businesses are created and how they adapt to change
- Explore where customers come from and how to keep them
- Discuss how business contributes to the well-being of a community
- Recognize that businesses can impact the environment in both positive and negative ways
- Learn about the history of some Canadian businesses and how they've changed over time
- Understand the importance of innovation
- Describe what makes an entrepreneur innovative